Ripple

Ripple was built in St Ives by Henry Trevorrow and registered as SS19 in 1896. For 25 years until 1933, she was used for fishing under the ownership of the Barber family. Her skippers were William and his brother Matthew. She was originally propelled by sail, with two lugsails carried on two masts. In 1915 this was boosted by the installation of a 16 hp port wing engine. She has recently undergone a complete renovation by the present owner John Lambourn and is seen regularly sailing in the Bay.

MENU