Moose

Moose was built in 1925 by Pearns and Son of Looe. She was originally known as Moby Dick, owned by Looe Harbour master and used for Shark fishing. She’s pitch pine on oak, 32ft long and a classic Looe Lugger. During WW2, she was one of many vessels commissioned by the MOD, to repatriate troops from Dunkirk. But only a handful of Cornish boats went in the end. She was converted to a Gaff Cutter in 1990 and from then, sailed extensively the West Coast of Ireland, Scotland and the South West of England. We’re very excited to see her now owned by a Mousehole resident.

MENU