Gladys

Gladys was built in Peel on the Isle of Man in 1901. She is 40 foot long with a draft of 5.5 feet and a beam of 11.5 feet. She was originally built for the herring trade and had a standing lug rig. These boats were called Nobbys locally. Since a rebuild around four years ago, she now has a dipping lug rig, more like the Nickys of the same area. Based in Penryn, she’s fast and graceful and owned by Charlotte Whyte. Gladys is still engineless.

MENU