Edith

Edith is a 24ft Polperro Gaffer and dates back to the 1890s. She has documented history of registration in 1909, as FY92 in the fishing port of Polperro. There she was owned by William Curtis (whose daughter was called Edith). In 1923 she was sold ‘for private purposes’ and purchased by Charlie Ferris in St Mawes. His family owned her until the late 1980s when she was purchased by Richard Toyne. The Toyne family, along with Falmouth shipwright ‘Minty’ Murray, restored her. She was sold on to the Clark family on the River Exe and returned to Falmouth waters when Bill Rogers owned her and fished her for oysters. Mal Stone purchased her in 2007 and is still the current owner.

MENU